Salvatore Cavaliere, D.O. – Troy Michigan Hair Restoration Doctor
Troy Michigan Hair Restoration Doctor, Salvatore Cavaliere, D.O. of Chambers Hair Institute has been a leader in the field of hair transplant and hair restoration since 1969. Since its’ founding by the late Dr. C.P. Chambers, over 150,000 satisfied patients have received a surgical or non-surgical hair restoration procedure from the Chambers Hair Institute.
Current Medical Director of the Chambers Hair Institute, Dr. Salvatore Cavaliere – affectionately called Dr. Sal by many of his patients – has been the lead physician at Chambers Hair Institute for 10 years.
Dr. Cavaliere spent many years studying Dr. Chamber’s groundbreaking procedures directly at his side, and is carrying on the tradition in excellence and leadership in the field of Surgical and Non-Surgical Hair Restoration.
More about Dr. Salvatore Cavaliere, D.O.
Salvatore Cavaliere, D.O. graduated from the University of Detroit with a Bachelor of Science and earned his Doctor of Osteopathy credentials at the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed three medical residencies. During his last residency in the early 1990s, Dr. Cavaliere traveled with Dr. Chambers to learn the most up-to-date hair restoration techniques available in that era. He is also an experienced facial plastic surgeon.
It was during his residencies that Dr. Cavaliere worked with his first cosmetic surgery cases on the head and scalp in the form of tumors and tears of the scalp as well as scalp avulsions. Dr. Salvatore performed scalp reductions for people dealing with post traumatic hair and scalp loss. Salvatore Cavaliere, D.O., is board certified in otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery and holds a medical license in Michigan, California, and New York. As a passionate and experienced Troy Michigan Hair Restoration Doctor, he is pleased to hold the following society memberships:
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck
- American Osteopathic Association
- Michigan Otolaryngology Society
- Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery
Hair Restoration and Eyebrow Restoration Services
- ACell with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
ACell with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and PRP by itself are the most widely used non-surgical hair restoration methods at Chambers Hair Institute. ACell, which is made from animal by-products, regenerates large numbers of stem cells when transmitted to human adult patients. It contains proteins and growth factors necessary to stimulate new hair growth. PRP is present in all human blood and also contain growth factors and protein.
When Dr. Cavaliere performs either of these procedures, he obtains a blood sample from you and isolates the platelet rich plasma in a centrifuge. He then prepares a PRP solution and injects it back into your scalp after numbing it first with anesthesia. Since your body won’t reject its own blood platelets, you receive the full benefit from them. Most patients have noticeable hair re-growth within six months of starting regular treatments.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) are the primary surgical hair restoration procedures we use. Both obtain healthy hair follicles from the back of the head and transfer them to balding areas, although they use different methods to do so. Additionally, Dr. Cavaliere of Chambers Hair Institute performs ACell for hair cloning and the dove tail closure surgical procedures. The first is a surgical implant at the site of the missing hair that stimulates the body to produce its own regenerative cells in a process called auto-cloning. A dove tail closure is a specific technique developed by Dr. Chambers to leave virtually no scar behind after a surgical hair restoration procedure. Dr. Cavaliere sometimes uses non-surgical treatments in conjunction with FUT or FUE.
- Eyebrow Transplant Procedure
With the eyebrow transplant procedure, Dr. Cavaliere takes thin hairs from other parts of the body and transfers them to the eyebrow area. This is typically behind the ear or the upper thigh for women and other places on the skin for men, such as the arms or legs. At Chambers Hair Institute, we know that having thin or missing eyebrows has a negative effect on your appearance and self-esteem. Dr. Cavaliere is here to help.
Chambers Hair Institute and Dr. Salvatore Cavaliere are both widely respected names that you can trust to help you achieve the hair restoration results you desire. Contact us today to receive a free, no obligation consultation. Dr. Cavaliere will give you his undivided attention as he educates you about all of your hair restoration options.